Big Data makes Smart Cities
Some of the smartest cities in the world have blended location technology with a human-centric approach in order to enhance residents' quality of life. Thanks to mobile and/or Wi-Fi data, it is now possible to have more granular insights regarding security, traffic flow, IoT, ecology, and many other cases. These analysis are of great value prior to refurbishing an area or reorganize a transportation path for instance.
The Intersec technology is making it possible to fully automate safety alerts to reach, warn and protect as many people as possible in case of emergencies, and save lives. Learn more about our Public Warning Systems.
Create a more pleasant environment for citizens by leveraging Intersec's predictive analysis, AI, IoT capabilities to understand mobility patterns, optimize routes, avoid traffic congestion, and reduce pollutant emissions.
Easy to use solution
Citizens being at the core center of cities, technology must be at the service of citizens to free them from all technical aspects.
The one-fit-all platform
Device-agnostic passive collectionmore
- Continuous data collection of mobility events
- Passively collected (no impact on network)
- Compatible with any generation of mobile core network (2G to 5G)
- Every device supported (GSMs, feature phones, up to flagship smartphones), no apps needed for standard use cases
Omnichannel contextual communicationsmore
- Communicate with citizens using the right channel, at the right time and location
- Adapt to device generations and subscribers’ habits
- Always choose the modern medium that provides the best reach and impact
- Draw or import comprehensive sets of geofences to prepare for any kind of event or situation
Low latency and 5G-readymore
- Reach citizens in seconds when sending location-based information or alerts
- Trigger near-instant notifications and alarms when thresholds or geofences are activated thanks to integrated in-raw database and rules engine components from Intersec Agora
- Temporal accuracy and latency further improved by the ongoing adoption of 5G
Location is at the heart
Urban planners can identify the location for green spaces or plan conservation projects within the precincts of the city. Most polluted areas in a city can also be identified and monitored.
Location technology helps strategists and demographers in profiling a city’s population patterns and gaining specific insights. Location intelligence makes work considerably easier for experts and planners.
Transportation systems can be efficiently managed using Location intelligence. For Instance, major cities use IoT applications for optimizing and managing traffic congestion, or knowing the precise details of underground infrastructure to build tunnels.
Location Intelligence provides users and organizations with a robust framework for analyzing and managing geospatial data. Drones, autonomous vehicles, IoT, indoor positioning, digital twins, all collect or rely on location information.
Improving citizens’ lives
Care of the environment, care of citizensmore
Keep citizens safe and sound, while fighting traffic jams, energy waste and pollution
- Opt-in based geolocation enabled alerting and info stream for locals
- Futureproof urban planning thanks to AI-enhanced geo-analytics
- Understand flaws and fix them, via chatbot implementation and live citizen feedback
- Engage citizens in improving safety, air
Major sports and cultural events coveredmore
Massive world events, massive movements of populations in crowded and stressed networks
- Live information and alerting for visitors, through many digital and standard channels,
- Live analytics & dynamic reports,
- Detection of abnormal situations via machine-learned aggregated density surveillance,
- Broadcast information via messages and mobile app notifications
- Passive collection, no impact on network’s bandwidth
Population dynamics in cities and regionsmore
Learn movement patterns as location events are passively collected and stored.
- Build advanced density analytics
- Analyze tourism trends, travelers’ paths and conveyance modes
- Consult commuting behaviors and congestion statuses
- Run custom geostatistical studies,
- Learn dynamics and detect unprecedented situations
Touristic experience enrichmentmore
Linked to transportation
- What if cities and tour operators could: Size the number of buses and taxis, to avoid queuing Recommend specific paths for tourists to better enjoy the city Push tailored information on directions Adapt to specific events (traffic jams, rain, ...)
Linked to Points of Interests
- Push information when passing by a touristic Point of Interest (the opening hours of a museum, the history of a building, ...)
- Push Location Based Ads on nearby stores offering rebates for tourists
Telco data monetization use cases
Digital customer journey
Leveraging smart segmentation, contextual insights, AI-based predictions, and workflow automation, telcos can create impactful marketing campaigns and offer stellar experiences to their subscriber customer base.
In a cookieless world, telcos provide a hyper-targeted marketing reach via high-engagement channels, allowing brands to reach customers in a personalized and contextualized way the instant they enter a defined area.