Accurate positioning and routing
As member of standardization bodies, Intersec implements norms and guidelines related to emergency call handling and caller location management: 3GPP, ETSI, EMTEL, ATIS, IETF, GSMA, GDPR, Etc.
When it comes to emergency calls, every second counts and failure is not an option. Carrier-grade “five nines” is of essence to mission-critical communications with public in distress.
18+ years telco expertise
Since its inception, the company is an ICT specialist. Intersec has built an extensive catalog of location technologies, allowing PSAPs and EROs to access certified and most accurate locations for the dispatch.
Robust and dependable
Fast, reliable and accurate caller locationmore
When an emergency call is initiated, the Communication Service Provider (CSP) must identify the caller's location quickly and accurately. Identified location is instrumental for proper call routing and call setup with the relevant Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in charge of the situation in the concerned area.
Intersec emergency call handling solutions cover any type of networks and calls:
- Mobile carriers, Fixed broadband carriers, Emergency service networks, ESInet/NGCS, NG112/911/xxx networks, …
- Circuit-switched calls, Packet-switched and IMS calls, 2G, 3G, 4G, VoLTE, 5G, VoNR, WiFi calling / VoWiFi, VoIP, ...
Route the emergency call to the most relevant PSAPmore
Intersec passive location technology automatically retrieves access point identification of all handsets connecting to VoWLAN and looks-up for their corresponding location on a Wi-Fi access point location database. On the fly, the solution ensures their consistency, leveraging on the mobile network cell cartography. The operator therefore benefits from an emergency call solution fully compliant with local regulation, that provides trusted and reliable location for all emergency calls in any situation.
Provide the most accurate location informationmore
To appropriately handle the situation, PSAPs also require access to the caller's location information. Another critical function of the original telecommunications operator is to report certified and most accurate locations to be used in dispatching and guiding emergency units to the exact site of the incident.
100% safe and sound
Emergency call initiation
Dialing an emergency number triggers call establishment and location acquisition procedures from telecom operator infrastructures, and AML from smartphones when available. Location estimates are derived by positioning algorithms from series of measurements and reference databases (Cellular topology, WiFi access points, A-GNSS/Galileo/GPS, Etc.).
Complement AML technology
AML (Advanced Mobile Location) is a significant step forward in ensuring people's safety in the event of an emergency but it has its limitations. In fact, tests provide confirmation that locations from handsets are provided in an average of 60-80% of cases.
Always rely on best caller location
Supporting and complementing AML is key to leaving no one behind, whatever the phone, the network, and the situation. The best location accuracy comes from the combination and consolidation of multiple location sources, networks, and handset-based techniques.
The trusted choice
A comprehensive and fully modular solutionmore
- Comprises critical location-based services components
- GMLC, SMLC, SAS, e-SMLC, LMF for enhanced active geolocation
- Real-time passive geolocation to overcome bind spots
- LRF, RDF, CLF to perform Location-Based Routing
- AML Gateway to consolidate AML data from Android and iOS enabled phones
Network- and device-agnosticmore
- Works with any cellular network architecture and the IMS network
- Supports all mobile network generations, including 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Supports all types of emergency calls, including GSM and UMTS circuit-switched calls, IMS calls in VoLTE, VoWiFi, and VoNR
- Functions seamlessly with emergency LCS, from legacy PSAP infrastructures to current NG112-911-xxx emergency communication networks and PSAPs
- Uses standard protocols
Public safety use cases
Public warning systems
Instantly prepare, orchestrate, and disseminate alerts throughout varied complementary channels in due respect to data privacy regulations.
Crisis managers get a reliable and realistic 360° overview of the in-situ field situation, in real-time, to guide field operations more efficiently.
Emergency call location
Accurately locate emergency calls and report certified and most accurate location information to the most appropriate first responders’ service.